**COVID-19 Update**

Improved Access appointments are temporarily unavailable due to resources being redirected.

We appreciate that for some patients, especially those that are key workers, this may be disappointing - we would urge these patients to access our patient services either via Doctorlink or the contact centre on 01225 866611. However, if deemed appropriate your GP may be able to offer you an online consultation.


When you call the the Practice to make an appointment, you will now be asked the following questions:


  • Is this a new or ongoing health issue
  • A brief description of your symptoms (in confidence) 

This will help the appointment staff manage your appointment effectively, as it might be more appropriate for you to see one of our Emergency Nurses.


If you need to make an appointment with your doctor, the appointment staff will add your details to your chosen doctor’s telephone consultation list. The doctor will then call you back as soon as possible. For more information please click the following links:


Patients FAQ fact sheet 


Accessing Appropriate Healthcare


Bradford on Avon & Winsley Appointment Leaflet    Page 1  Page 2




Video Consultations

To find out more about video consultations click on the image below!

video consultations


You do not require a doctor's sickness certificate for any illness lasting seven days or less. Your employer may however require you to complete a self-certification form (SC2) which is available from your employer or on the HMRC website.

Evidence that you are sick

If you are sick for more than seven days, your employer can ask you to give them some form of medical evidence to support payment of SSP (statutory sick pay).

Your employer can ask you to confirm that you've been ill. You can do this by filling in a form yourself when you return to work. This is called self-certification.

If you're sick and off work for more than seven days, your employer will probably ask for proof of your illness.

Most employers ask for a fit note from your GP.


However, this will also depend on your employer's company policy on sick leave (or sickness absence). This policy should tell you how many days you can be off sick before you need to provide proof of illness or a fit note.

You could also provide evidence from someone who is not a medical practitioner, e.g. a dentist. Your employer will decide whether or not this evidence is acceptable. If your employer has any doubts, they may still ask for a medical certificate from your GP.

Statement of Fitness for Work - ’Fit Note'

The 'fit note' was introduced on 6 April 2010. With your employer's support, the note will help you return to work sooner by providing more information about the effects of your illness or injury.

For more information see the DirectGov website (where this information was sourced)

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website