New Patient Registration
We are delighted to accept new patients who live in the surrounding area onto our practice list.
You can now register at Bradford On Avon Health Centre online
When you have completed the pre-registration form you will be sent an online password via text or email.
To complete your registration please log into your account and submit the New Patient Health Questionnaire.
Please note: You will be asked to verify your identity when making your first appointment.
Printable registration forms are also available
Adult registration form
Child Registration Form
New Born Child Form
We can only accept patients who live within this geographical area as this allows us to make house calls when necessary and to balance the number of patients between the different practices.
Please use the interactive map below and type in your postcode to see if you are within our practice boundary.
Commitment statement to each other
We ask that you:
- Do what you can to look after your own health and follow advice on a healthy lifestyle
- Let us know of any change of name, address, telephone/contact number or next of kin for yourself and all close family members, as soon as possible, as we may need to contact you/them urgently on occasion. A consent form can be obtained from Reception if you would like any specific individuals to have access to certain information in your medical records
- Care for yourself when appropriate. The Doctors of the Practice have composed a helpful information guide on how to treat common ailments such as coughs, colds and sore throats. This guide can be found on the Practice website or a hard copy can be obtained from Reception for those who do not have internet access. Please refer to page 18 of this booklet for further information
- Listen carefully to advice on your treatment and medication. Tell the GP about any treatment you are already taking and inform us if you do not understand or are unclear about your treatment. There are a range of information leaflets available at the Practice, please ask a member of the Reception team who will be more than happy to help if you require assistance
- Keep your appointment or let us know as soon as possible if you cannot make it
- Only request a home visit if the patient’s medical condition prevents them from attending the Practice – please telephone before 10.30am if possible
- Only contact the Out of Hours Service if the patient’s medical condition cannot wait until the next time the surgery is open
- Treat us with courtesy and respect and be patient when we are busy – please understand that some emergency situations may take priority
- Return any equipment that is no longer needed
- Be aware that some certificates, reports, vaccinations and medical examinations are not covered by the NHS. These, therefore, carry a fee and a list of charges is available at Reception. Please accept that you may be askefor payment in advance
- Do not smoke or use your mobile phone in the building
- Be aware that appointment staff will ask for the nature of your problem, prior to booking an appointment. This ensures you are seeing the best and most appropriate clinician or may even be helped straight away by another member of the Practice team.
Our Promise to You:
When receiving our services you are entitled to expect:
- A high quality of care and treatment that is easily accessible
- Dignity and respect at all times and to be treated as an individual
- Staff to address you in the manner of your choice
- Privacy and confidentiality
- Respect for your religion and culture
- Whenever possible you and your relatives or carers, if you wish, to be involved in making choices about your care
- Clear explanations about your care and treatment and an opportunity for you to ask questions
You can be assured that you will:
- Receive care without discrimination
- Be given a full explanation where there is any undue delay in your care
- Receive a second opinion if you request it and if it is considered clinically appropriate
- Be allowed to choose whether or not to participate in clinical trials and student training
Very occasionally a practice/patient relationship breaks down completely. In this
situation the patient may choose to register with a different Practice. The Practice also
has the right to remove the patient from their list. This would generally only follow a
warning as we would normally give the patient a specific reason for the removal.
Change of Contact Details
Please inform the Surgery when you change address or contact telephone number. To do this you can either:
Register for an online account - ring the Surgery on 01225 866611 and answer some security questions to receive a username & password
Fill in a 'change of contact details' form and email the Surgery via email@example.com